Close work relationships boost employee satisfaction by 50%. Research has proven that it is those individuals and organizations who are Kind, who display Empathy and who have made Gratitude and appreciation a habit are the ones who flourish and have the highest employee engagement.
The Impact of EKGTM is Real
- Builds trust. Improves people engagement, connection and retention.
- Improves the Customer Experience.
- Helps attract talent.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Encourages curiosity.
- Enhances ability to collaborate and to see things from other's perspectives.
- Encourages hope, positivity and workplace well-being.
- Spreads generosity.
- Opens your heart to act with behaviors that connect people together.
- Strengthens relationships.
- Offers calm and gentleness.
- Provides lasting well-being. It can feel as good to you the giver as to the receiver.
- Strengthens positive emotions and quality of life
- Affirms our sense of belonging, and self-worth.
- Develops likeability.
- Strengthens trust and relationships with customers.
- Helps us bounce back by recognizing all the things one is grateful for.
Research - There is quite a bit of research on Employee Engagement and Well-Being:
- 67% of people are experiencing increases in stress while 57% have increased anxiety, and 54% are emotionally exhausted. - Qualtrics
- 84% of the variance in customer satisfaction is driven by the service dynamics and culture that exists in your organization
- Close work relationships boost employee satisfaction by 50% - Gallup
- Being KIND is linked to increased feelings of happiness, well-being, improved mental health, and life and job satisfaction – Pew Research Center
- 65% of Americans reported receiving no recognition for good work last year- Gallup
- 58% somewhat or strongly agree that many companies today have lost the human touch – PwC
- Being Proud of your Work and Being Proud of Your Company enables grit, perseverance and performance in good and bad times. Employees with high individual pride are 10x more likely to be highly satisfied with their jobs. Employees with high company pride are 24x more likely to stay at their current companies. - WorkProud Study on Retention and Pride
- Managers who create a positive work environment (even in small doses) will see a difference immediately. – OC Tanner Institute
Leaders must focus on how to win the hearts and minds of their people and help them flourish at work.